Meeting is just a term to have history of all the communication records. Meeting enables different type of communication, scheduling and sharing attachments with invitees of the meeting.
- Initiator / Creator / Owner - User who created the meeting
- Invitee - Contact who has been invited to the meeting
- Moderator - Invitee who has been given special authorization
- Live Meeting Page - where meeting will be streamed live or is already streaming live
- Add Invitee - Add Contacts or Segments of Contacts to the meeting's invitee list
- Invite - Send invitation email notification to contacts on the meeting's invitee list
- Join Meeting - Go to Live Meeting Page
- Start Meeting / Click to get Live - If user is an initiator then Start the meeting so all the invitees can join, if user is invited then join the meeting room.
- Cancel Meeting - Cancel the meeting
- Snooze Meeting - Post pone the meeting to a future date and time
- Leave Meeting - Leave the meeting room
- End Meeting - End the meeting! Status of the meeting will be changed to Ended.
- Show / Hide Agenda - Toggle the visibility of the Agenda section of the meeting, which has title, description and attachments of the meeting.
Types of Meetings
- Video Conference - where every member of the meeting can see, talk and listen to other members of the meeting. It is a Mesh Topology, every member is transmitting video and audio to & from every other member. This type of meeting requires and consumes a lot of computing and bandwidth related resources.
- Audio Conference - where every member of the meeting can talk and listen to other members of the meeting. It is same as Video Conference but only audio is transmitted, so less bandwidth required.
- Podcast - where Initiator of the meeting can broadcast their audio to other members of the meeting and other members can only listen to Initiator's audio, but not each others.
- Webinar - where Initiator of the meeting can broadcast their audio & video to other members of the meeting and other members can only see listen to Initiator's video & audio, but not each others.
- Live Class - where Teacher (Initiator) can see and listen to all students, students can see and listen to teacher but not other students.
Status of Meetings
- Scheduled - when meeting is scheduled at a specific date and time, and has not been started yet. This also includes meetings which were scheduled earlier and have been missed.
- Cancelled - when meeting is cancelled by Initiator / Moderator of the meeting
- Live - when meeting has been started and might still be online & happening, sometimes when owner / moderator forgot to end the meeting, it will still show 'Live' as status, even if there is not communication happening.
- End - when meeting is completed